CFC Code: 11088
Public Radio International
PRI’s programming is available around-the-clock, and includes a wide variety of offerings created to meet the diverse needs of listeners across a broad spectrum of demographic backgrounds. PRI’s audio content is available to 93% of American households through its nationwide network of affiliated public radio stations. In addition, PRI’s programs are also available in digital form free of charge to any person in the United States with Internet access. PRI’s program portfolio includes popular offerings like:
- PRI’s The World, PRI’s daily international news program
- The Takeaway, PRI’s daily news program produced in partnership with WNYC Radio, and in collaboration with The New York Times and WGBH Boston
- As It Happens, a current affairs program from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Science Friday, brain fun for curious people. Science, technology, and other cool stuff
- To the Point, a fast-paced, news-based program that focuses on the hot-button national issues of the day. Hosted by award-winning journalist Warren Olney, the hour-long show presents informative and thought-provoking discussion of major news stories and front-page issues
- The Tavis Smiley Show is a weekly, high-energy exchange of views, information and insight featuring Mr. Smiley and guests
- Living on Earth, a series that examines all sides of today’s most important environmental concerns
- Q from the CBC, a daily show that covers entertainment, pop culture, high arts and cultural trends
- Classical 24, a music service that provides 24-hour live-hosted classical music programming to local stations in need of affordable music programming.
- Studio 360, a weekly arts magazine that offers audiences a lively mix of stories, interviews, documentaries and commentaries that explores the creative influence of the arts in our daily lives
- Day 6, a news magazine show that brings audiences a fresh and surprising take on the week
- Selected Shorts, a weekly show in which some of the most talented actors from the stage, screen and television bring short stories to life
- To the Best of Our Knowledge, in-depth interviews between host Jim Fleming and world-renowned guests
- America Abroad, an hour-long audio journey deep inside an international news story
- Echoes, an escape into a soundscape of ground-breaking music that crosses cultures, traditions, and musical boundaries
- Innovation Hub, which explores the future of education, medicine, the economy, and more with today’s most creative thinkers.
- Live Wire!, a weekly one-hour variety show that combines the excitement of a live show and the reach of a radio broadcast to entertain, inspire, and inform listeners.
In September 2015, PRI acquired GlobalPost, an award-winning independent organization devoted to covering global news. This partnership has expanded PRI’s talent and capacity in global reporting, digital editing, and technical and business development. PRI and GlobalPost are united in the belief that America needs more, better, and deeper international reporting.
Through PRI’s public website (www.pri.org), audiences can access the day’s top stories, find broadcast information for any of the programs in PRI’s portfolio, subscribe to newsletters, download free podcasts, listen to live program streams, and connect with other listeners through community engagement forums on pri.org and through social media sites like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. In addition, smart phone users can have PRI program content delivered directly to their mobile phones through PRI’s iPhone and Android apps.